Hello my beautiful brides!
I'm so excited to share my Top 5 Bridal Beauty Tips with you today! My inbox is already filled to the brim with bridal inquiries for 2017, so I know that many of you are somewhere right around the 6-month mark before your wedding. This post is perfect for all of my brides who want to know what to do right now to look their best on the wedding day. There are small things you can do now that can make a HUGE difference in your bridal preparation. Here are some tips you can start right away:
1. Drink water – It seems so simple, right? I constantly get asked what I recommend for healthy-looking skin on the wedding day. My answer? Drink water. Lots of water. If you want that signature bridal glow, water is your new best friend. If it hasn't already become a habit, make a cute water bottle your trademark. Your skin and body will thank you!
2. Start a skin care regimen – Following a skincare routine in advance will give your skin the time it needs to transform before your big day. The key to success here? Consistency! Here are the basics you should be doing daily: 1. Remove your makeup every night (failure to do so ages the skin). 2. Wash your face every morning & night. 3. Always follow with a moisturizer (applies to my oily skin brides, too)! Of course, you can always add serums, toners and eye creams. But make sure you're at least covering the basics every single day. If you're particularly unhappy with the appearance of your skin, make an appointment with your dermatologist. He or she will create a plan to treat your skin type for the quickest & most efficient results.
3. Exfoliate – Exfoliating your face and body a few times a week is the best way to reveal that radiant glow to the skin. The Clarisonic is my FAVORITE tool for facial exfoliation. For the body, I love gentle scrubs like the Brown Sugar Body Polish, which removes dead skin cells without stripping the skin of moisture. Oh, and don't forget the lips! Exfoliate them at least once a week with a lip scrub (a warm washcloth will also do the trick), and follow with an intensive lip balm.
4. Shape thy brows – I can't stress enough how drastically your eyebrows can impact your facial structure. Pencil-thin brows were a thing of the 90's, but unkempt, Groucho Marx brows aren't exactly "bridal chic." Brow grooming is definitely a balancing act & an art form that varies for each person. Since you have some time before your big day, I highly suggest using this time to attain your ideal brow shape. If that means growing them out, now's the time to suffer through it! Then visit your local, trusted (!) brow specialist. He or she will give you flattering base shape that can be maintained up until the wedding day.
5. Book your makeup appointment early – Many of the wedding timelines you'll find on Pinterest & in bridal magazines suggest booking your bridal makeup 2 to 3 months before your wedding. However, most pros within the beauty industry would beg to differ. Personally, I recommend booking your makeup appointment 6 months in advance if possible. Very rarely will I have an opening 2 months before a Saturday wedding date, so booking early is always a good idea! If you already have your heart set on a makeup artist that meshes with your personal style, booking early will give you a major advantage, especially if your date hits during prime wedding season (May-September).
I hope those tips were helpful for all my brides-to-be! Good luck and happy wedding planning! :)
More bridal beauty questions or interested in booking?
+ Email me at email@example.com