Hello my beautiful brides!
I'm so excited to share my Top 5 Bridal Beauty Tips with you today! My inbox is already filled to the brim with bridal inquiries for 2017, so I know that many of you are somewhere right around the 6-month mark before your wedding. This post is perfect for all of my brides who want to know what to do right now to look their best on the wedding day. There are small things you can do now that can make a HUGE difference in your bridal preparation. Here are some tips you can start right away:
1. Drink water – It seems so simple, right? I constantly get asked what I recommend for healthy-looking skin on the wedding day. My answer? Drink water. Lots of water. If you want that signature bridal glow, water is your new best friend. If it hasn't already become a habit, make a cute water bottle your trademark. Your skin and body will thank you!
2. Start a skin care regimen – Following a skincare routine in advance will give your skin the time it needs to transform before your big day. The key to success here? Consistency! Here are the basics you should be doing daily: 1. Remove your makeup every night (failure to do so ages the skin). 2. Wash your face every morning & night. 3. Always follow with a moisturizer (applies to my oily skin brides, too)! Of course, you can always add serums, toners and eye creams. But make sure you're at least covering the basics every single day. If you're particularly unhappy with the appearance of your skin, make an appointment with your dermatologist. He or she will create a plan to treat your skin type for the quickest & most efficient results.
3. Exfoliate – Exfoliating your face and body a few times a week is the best way to reveal that radiant glow to the skin. The Clarisonic is my FAVORITE tool for facial exfoliation. For the body, I love gentle scrubs like the Brown Sugar Body Polish, which removes dead skin cells without stripping the skin of moisture. Oh, and don't forget the lips! Exfoliate them at least once a week with a lip scrub (a warm washcloth will also do the trick), and follow with an intensive lip balm.
4. Shape thy brows – I can't stress enough how drastically your eyebrows can impact your facial structure. Pencil-thin brows were a thing of the 90's, but unkempt, Groucho Marx brows aren't exactly "bridal chic." Brow grooming is definitely a balancing act & an art form that varies for each person. Since you have some time before your big day, I highly suggest using this time to attain your ideal brow shape. If that means growing them out, now's the time to suffer through it! Then visit your local, trusted (!) brow specialist. He or she will give you flattering base shape that can be maintained up until the wedding day.
5. Book your makeup appointment early – Many of the wedding timelines you'll find on Pinterest & in bridal magazines suggest booking your bridal makeup 2 to 3 months before your wedding. However, most pros within the beauty industry would beg to differ. Personally, I recommend booking your makeup appointment 6 months in advance if possible. Very rarely will I have an opening 2 months before a Saturday wedding date, so booking early is always a good idea! If you already have your heart set on a makeup artist that meshes with your personal style, booking early will give you a major advantage, especially if your date hits during prime wedding season (May-September).
I hope those tips were helpful for all my brides-to-be! Good luck and happy wedding planning! :)
More bridal beauty questions or interested in booking?
+ Email me at email@example.com
FALL IS HERE! It's my favorite time of the year, aside from Christmas! As far as fall beauty is concerned, I'm all about crisp winged liner, matte skin, and a bold lip. Here are my top picks for the season:
1. Sonia Kashuk Eyeshadow Quad in "Fair and Square"
($13) These buttery shadows scream fall, with the perfect combination of romantic shades & a little pop of sparkle.
2. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
($28) My holy grail "everywhere" moisturizer. Free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates, so it's gentle enough for the face, but rich enough for the driest patches of skin.
3. NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray
($8) A few mists of this will prolong the wear of your makeup and get rid of that "cakey" look.
4. Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain
($3) These balm stains have incredible longevity for a $3 product, and they DON'T dry out your lips like most stains do. For fall, try my current favorite shade, "Cranberry Crush."
5. Mai Couture "Blush Papier"
($17) Blush without a brush! Perfect to keep in your purse for on-the-go.
6. Josie Maran Argan Oil
($43) An amazing organic moisturizing oil that can be used as a daily moisturizer, or as a treatment for your hair and cuticles.
7. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in "Trooper"
($18) Everything you want in a liner: jet black, high-pigment, waterproof, and easy to use.
Summer is officially here! :) Around this time of year, I always receive a lot of questions asking about the perfect makeup for the hot and humid weather. Here are my top picks for the best refreshing, glowy, and melt-proof summer essentials.
1. Victorias Secret Sexy Escape "Sunset" Fragrance Mist
($35) The quintessential summer fragrance. Combines the perfect blend of fruity & floral notes and contains a generous amount of product (10 fl oz).
2. Knotted Hair Ties
($6) Cute & comfortable hair ties that double as colorful summer bracelets.
3. Sun Bum SPF 50 Sunscreen Lotion
($16) An oil free, non-greasy sunscreen formula that won't cause breakouts and has a light tropical scent.
4. Million Dollar Tan Sunless Tanning Spray
($26) Gives the most natural-looking fake tan on the market that's ideal for the face & body and doesn't streak or transfer.
5. Josie Maran Argan Color Stick
($22) A super creamy multi-tasking product that is perfect for the cheeks & lips. Instantly leaves a natural, rosy glow to the skin and blends flawlessly.
6. Elf Shimmering Facial Whip
($1) A whipped-textured cream that gives the beautifully radiant pop of shimmer to the highlights of the face (cheekbones, brow bone, and cupid's bow). A fabulous dupe for Benefit's ($26) High Beam!
7. John Frieda Frizz Ease "Dream Curls" Curl Perfecting Spray
($10) Gives curls definition & shape without sacrificing softness.
8. Maybelline "The Rocket" Waterproof Mascara
($7) Volumizing mascara that defines each lash for noticeably plump, clump-free lashes. The waterproof formula will not budge and holds a curl all day long.
9. Bourjois Bronzing Powder
($13) Ultra soft bronzing powder that effortlessly blends into the skin and gives a natural bronzed, sun-kissed look. Bonus: it smells like chocolate!
When I was first experimenting with makeup, I had so many questions. Where did everything go? Did foundation or concealer go first? And what in the world is a contour?
Firstly, you absolutely do not need go through each of these steps every single day. But if you do want to incorporate any of these products into your routine, this guide will serve as a quick makeup cheat sheet so you can avoid a blotchy, cakey, or uneven makeup application.
The steps below list the order in which I apply products and have found works best, followed by my rationale behind this order.
1. Facial Cleanser: removes oils, dirt, and dead skin cells.
2. Toner: (best for oily skin) removes excess oil, dirt, and residue left behind from your cleanser, as well as restores your skin's natural pH levels.
3. Serums/Treatments: these products deeply penetrate the skin and should be applied onto clean skin first because their molecules are much smaller than those of moisturizers.
4. Moisturizer: hydrates the skin and creates a barrier that keeps healthy oils from escaping and free radicals from causing dryness or irritation.
5. Primer: provides a buttery-smooth base and an even surface for makeup to glide over. This will help your makeup blend effortlessly and last longer.
6. Foundation: conceals general redness/discoloration to provide an even base.
7. Concealer: concealer--often a thicker/fuller coverage formula--can be applied to the discolored spots that still remain visible after your foundation is applied. (If applied first, concealer will wear off and/or slide around underneath.)
8. Powder: will "lock" your makeup into place, mattify oily areas, and provide a smooth surface that will help you blend your remaining face products.
9. Bronzer/Contour: since your skin is now one "uniform" color, we want to add dimension & life back into the face. Apply your bronzer lightly along the hairline (where the sun would naturally hit) and just beneath your cheekbones to define your natural bone structure.
10. Blush: for a healthy pop of color, apply onto the apples of the cheeks (just above the bronzer) and blend upwards toward the hairline.
11. Highlight: as its name implies, this product brings light to the high points of the face, or the areas that we want to bring forward. Apply in a "C shape" formation along the orbital bone/top of the cheeks, on the inner corners of the eyes, browbone, and the cupid's bow.
If desired, finish off your look with a mist of makeup setting spray to ensure all-day wear.
Christmas is only a few weeks away and I couldn't be more excited. But if you’re tired of buying the same perfume & jewelry for the women in your life and you want more options, you've come to the right place! Each gift is categorized by different personality types so you can check off everyone on your list. Let's begin!
The Girl On-the-Go:
Michael Kors iPhone Wristlet
• Easy-to-clean Napa leather exterior
• Charge/sync port opening
• Slots for ID, money & credit cards
• $79.95 MichaelKors.com
(Similar wristlets: Coach and Kate Spade)
For the Beauty Enthusiast:
Sigma Essential Brush Kit
• 12 professional-grade brushes
• Variety of eye & face brushes
• Both real & synthetic bristle brushes
• Non-shedding bristles
• $139.00 at SigmaBeauty.com
For the Organizing Obsessed:
Personalized “MayBook" Planner
• Customized monogram/name, design, & colors
• 230+ patterns to choose from
• Includes both monthly & weekly calendars
• Durable canvas cover
• $17-$20 at Maybooks.com
(Also available in Exercise & Wedding journals)